Must Have Skills:
Forecasting, Corporate Finance, Developing Budgets
Dealing with Complexity
Proficient with QuickBooks and Excel
Bachelors in accounting and Finance, Business Administration or other related field (specific experience can be substituted)
The Payroll and Accounting Manager supports CareStaff's Director of Finance with the company's financial objections by providing financial analysis and recommendations. This position assists with payroll administration and facilitates tasks necessary to accomplish CareStaff's payroll processing, audit preparations, performing accounting related tasks, assist with tax compliance issues and regulatory documents. Must have ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, vendors and employees.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Operates computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Checks figures, postings, documents and contracts for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes.
- Assists in the development of finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Assists in the development of financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; developing action plans.
- Debits, credits and totals accounts into spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Compiles statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profit and loss.
- Reconciles or notes and reports discrepancies found in records.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of budget monitoring models and coordinated production of the formal monitoring report.
- Assists, as required, in the preparation of the organizations forecast.
- Researches and responds to budget surveys.
- Engage in the critical and confidential aspects of accounting.
- Assist in the in the development of policies, systems, special financial studies, etc. of major importance.
- Advise management on matters of fiscal procedure and importance.
- Assist Director of Finance in ensuring compliance with the financial procedures of the organization.
- Editing time transaction i.e. any missing or incorrect punches.
- Update and maintain employees' information such as address changes, payroll increases and decreases, issuance of company paycards and auditing employees direct deposit requests.
- Tracking and entering employee termination and workers comp information into CRM system.
- Serve as primary contact between Benefits Administrator and CareStaff Partners regarding benefit payments and deductions and workers comp claims.
- Document, track and report benefit enrollments, declinations and contract end dates to ensure proper deductions prior to candidates ending assignments.
- Monthly reporting on benefit enrollment versus enrollment on contracts and provide statistical analysis of financial gains or losses and report any foreseeable issues to management team.
- Monthly completion of payroll journal in excel spreadsheet and edited in software system.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Minimize legally required taxes by studying regulations; presenting tax strategies to Management