Must Have Skills:
Audit, risk management, financial services
The Vice President, Audit Operations, Practices and Strategy (OPS) position is a line management role within the Internal Audit for the Americas function.
The position is primarily responsible for supervision of the execution of assigned audits, including planning, fieldwork, reporting, and issue tracking and follow-up. It is responsible for internal stakeholder management and the supervision of and accountability for the quality of and judgment calls in audit work. It is also responsible, from time to time, for staff management.
Structure and execute an efficient and effective approach to managing the internal audit departmentís:
Maintain knowledge of audit operations and methodology, while also operating within industry best practices, applicable regulations, and internal and external professional practice expectations
Effectively manage relationships (internally and externally) to a mutually accountable, productive, respectful, and trusted level
Act as a role model and continuously improve self and department
- Seven or more years of internal or external audit or risk management experience, including management responsibility
- Experience with the financial industry and related markets, related regulatory bodies, and current industry events and trends; hands-on experience with interacting, responding and communicating with Regulatory Authorities, regulator exam management, and senior executives / Audit Committees required.
- Deep knowledge of risk assessment, audit methodology, and audit practices
- Proven track record in project management and coordination / integration efforts across multiple groups
- Other skills as required in assigned areas of responsibility
Bachelors Degree, preferably in accounting, finance, or related business discipline, at an accredited college or university. Advanced Degree preferred
Licensed CPA or other financial statement audit experience highly desirable
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.; The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.; They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.