Must Have Skills:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting and designation of Certified Public Accountant required.
Advanced degree desirable.
Strong people management background
The Assistant Corporate Controller will lead experienced personnel in highly technical areas, including -
- Supervising experienced accountants in and directly providing technical accounting expertise for specific contracts and transactions, including acquisitions, investments, and revenue arrangements
- Accountability for external financial reporting in SEC filings and other deliverables, including supervision of a team responsible for reporting activities
- Supervising a team providing accounting guidance for existing, new and proposed accounting pronouncements, including convergence of US standards with international standards (IFRS)
Key responsibilities of this role are
1) the appropriate application of generally accepted accounting principles to all of the Company's transactions, including complex and non-routine transactions and structures;
2) the creation of the Company's consolidated financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and directing the preparation of required public company filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). This role is critical to ensuring the Company's financial statements and SEC filings are fairly stated in all material respects;
3) the consistent application of generally accepted accounting principles to the Company's customer agreements and other transactions; and
4) responsibility for the Company's accounting policies and delivering accounting training across the company.
In addition, this role is responsible for team that creates quarterly internal financial reports for the Chief Financial Officer, accounts for equity compensation, manages special projects and provides ongoing day to day accounting and finance support and escalation of issues to the Corporate Controller.