Must Have Skills:
Sr. level test planning with small team leadership testing SW applications, drivers, and firmware for USB products. Excellent skill in test planning, test scripting and test executions for SW application and Web UI (Windows, MAC and Linux)
Novatel Wireless Highlights:
Innovators- We are a global innovator in 3G wireless mobility solutions.
* 1st to market with EV-DO Rev-A product line
* 1st USB wireless broadband in North America
* 1st 3G wireless broadband router in Europe
* Exciting HSPA+ products in process
Work/Life Balance- We hire passionate people and create great teams.
Global- We have offices in San Diego (California), Calgary (Canada), Basingstoke,
(United Kingdom), and Shanghai (China).
Financially Secure- Novatel Wireless is cash strong with no debt; founded in 1996, IPO in 2000.
Main Duties Job Duties:
Take the leading role for test planning and leadership on SW projects and leading a small team to work on testing device drivers, firmware, and tools for our wireless and USB/connection products. The ideal candidate is a good communicator able to work with different department, from development to HW, system test, and project managers working on multiple complex projects. Multitasking is a must, and ability to work and handle pressure in a fast work environment.
- Implement and Provide input for Test Plans
- Design Test Cases, Create Test scenarios
- Run carrier acceptance or submission test plans for Novatel Wireless applications, systems, or products
- Ability to translate SW requirements into test cases
- Perform functional/performance testing duties
- Perform regression testing duties
- Report defects, track defects, resolve issues with the developers
- Creating SW Test evaluation reports
- Knowledge and experience in Mac OS, Linux & embedded Linux
- Must understand QA processes and methodologies in a software development environment.
- Knowledge and experience in wireless industry and CDMA 1xRTT/EVDO, GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSPA technologies
- Defect-tracking tools experience, Knows SW Testing tools
- Understanding of Testing Telecommunication devices
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Good Understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Detail-oriented and open-minded with a good personality
- Flexible team player, self-reliant and self-starter
- Positive attitude, quick and logical thinker
- Good analytical problem solving skills
- Minimum of 2 years of SW testing experience
BA of Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or relevant field
Preference given to those who have one of the widely recognized organization-based software certifications:
- American Society for Quality's (ASQ) Certified Software Quality Engineer (CSQE)
- Quality Assurance Institute's (QAI) Certified Software Test Engineer (CSTE)
- International Institute for Software Testing (IIST) Certified Software Test Professional (CSTP)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP)
Compensation & Benefits:
Our successful candidate will be entitled to a compensation package commensurate with qualifications, experience and performance, plus a comprehensive benefits plan.
How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest on becoming part of our innovative, market leading wireless family.
- Please select the - -“apply to - -” button on top of the page above the skills needed section.
- Candidates that complete the technical questions (If listed) receive special priority.
- Please feel free to apply for more than 1 position or refer a friend as we are always looking to build great teams.