Must Have Skills:
5+ years of hands-on System Administration, particularly with the areas of Linux, virtualization, database/SQL, clustering, load balancing, VPN & network management, Apache, and scripting.
Some High School Coursework
Our client is changing the way companies use cloud computing. Do you have experience or looking to get into this field; this is the right company to join.
- 5+ years of hands-on System Administration, particularly with the areas of Linux, virtualization, database/SQL, clustering, load balancing, VPN & network management, Apache, and scripting.
What you will learn
- Experience in the cloud / utility computing domain, such as Amazon, RackSpace, and Right Scale.
You -íll be a member of the engineering team, and will apply your leadership experience and technical background to the planning and delivery of our service.
You -íll report directly to the director of operations, and will be proficient in systems and networking design, development, standards, maintenance, technical writing, and support of data networks.
Major Responsibilities & Duties -Ö
- Establishes system specifications by conferring with stakeholders, analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure.
- Establishes systems by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of server hardware, software, networks, and operating and system management systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- Upgrades system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
- Installs new software releases and system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems. Performs system backups and recovery. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Perform capacity planning and application analysis for network performance and sizing.
- Perform root-cause analysis for service interruption recovery, and create preventative measures to deploy in the enterprise.
- Secures system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
- Create and maintain support documentation and technical drawings of the enterprise infrastructure.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- 5+ years proven experience in related field, 3+ years designing, implementing, and supporting highly scalable and reliable web facing systems.
- Provide hands-on System Administration, particularly with the areas of Linux, virtualization, database/SQL, clustering, load balancing, VPN & network management, Apache, and scripting.
- Participate in on-call support.
- Experience with object-oriented technologies, including a range of design patterns.
- Experience with some combination of C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP.
- Experience and understanding of Web operating environments, such as SaaS, SOA, Apache, and network protocols.
- The ability and tenacity to learn new and emerging technologies.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Bachelor -ís degree in related studies from accredited institution preferred.
- Experience developing systems and software for large internet facing business environments.
- Prior working experience within the cloud / utility computing domain, such as Amazon, RackSpace, and Right Scale.
- Understanding of large-scale data processing technologies (SQL, Map/Reduce)
- Proficiency in platforms such as Cisco VPN, Terracotta, and LAMP.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Have the ability to multitask and manage multiple high priority initiatives.
- Have the ability to successfully work on multiple projects simultaneously and work under tight deadlines in a results-oriented environment.
- Can synthesize achievable solutions from diverse inputs, alternative sources (build / buy / partner) and complex data.
- Have an understanding of the principles of ITIL.