Must Have Skills:
Hands-on System Administration, particularly with the areas of Linux, virtualization, database/SQL, clustering, load balancing, VPN & network management, Apache, and scripting.
Our client is changing the way companies use cloud computing. Do you have experience or looking to get into this field; this is the right company to join.
- Hands-on System Administration, particularly with the areas of Linux, virtualization, database/SQL, clustering, load balancing, VPN & network management, Apache, and scripting.
- Desire to speak with customers to gain insite on how we can better serve their needs while providing support.
What you will learn
- Experience in the cloud / utility computing domain, such as Amazon, RackSpace, and Right Scale.
You -íll be a member of the support team, and will apply your broad technical background and stellar customer service skills to support the delivery of our service and delight our customers.
You -íll report directly to the director of operations, and will be proficient in systems and network support, maintenance, technical writing, and support of data networks.
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Installation, configuration, and testing of server hardware, software, networks, and operating and system management systems.
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; escalating application problems to engineers / vendor.
- Installs new software releases and system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves systems and software related problems. Performs system backups and recovery. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Perform root-cause analysis for service interruption recovery, and create preventative measures to deploy in the enterprise.
- Create and maintain support documentation and technical drawings of the enterprise infrastructure.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- 3+ years proven experience in related field supporting web facing systems.
- Provide hands-on System Administration, particularly with the areas of Linux, virtualization, database/SQL, clustering, load balancing, VPN & network management, Apache, and scripting.
- Participate in on-call support.
- The ability and to learn new and emerging technologies.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, and communication skills.
- Bachelor -ís degree in related studies from accredited institution preferred.
- Experience supporting systems and software for large internet facing business environments.
- Prior working experience within the cloud / utility computing domain, such as Amazon, RackSpace, and Right Scale.
- Experience with some combination of C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP.
- Experience and understanding of Web operating environments, such as SaaS, SOA, Apache, and network protocols.
- Have the ability to understand a customer perspective, empathize with them on their problems, and have the determination to find their solution.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Have the ability to multitask and manage multiple high priority initiatives.
- Have the ability to successfully work on multiple projects simultaneously and work under tight deadlines in a results-oriented environment.
- Have an understanding of the principles of ITIL.