Must Have Skills:
Windows and Mac OS X at systems integration level experience with USB device integration (drivers and connection manager utilities)
Novatel Wireless Highlights:
Innovators- We are a global innovator in 3G wireless mobility solutions.
* 1st to market with EV-DO Rev-A product line
* 1st USB wireless broadband in North America
* 1st 3G wireless broadband router in Europe
* Exciting HSPA+ products in process
Work/Life Balance- We hire passionate people and create great teams.
Global- We have offices in San Diego (California), Calgary (Canada), Basingstoke,
(United Kingdom), and Shanghai (China).
Financially Secure- Novatel Wireless is cash strong with no debt; founded in 1996, IPO in 2000.
Novatel Wireless, Inc. is a leader in the design and development of innovative wireless broadband access solutions based on 3G and 4G WCDMA (HSPA & UMTS), CDMA and GSM technologies. Novatel Wireless' USB modems, embedded modules, Intelligent Mobile Hotspot products and software enable high-speed wireless Internet access on leading wireless data networks. The Company delivers specialized wireless solutions to carriers, distributors, OEMs and vertical markets worldwide. Our solutions provide mobile subscribers with secure and convenient high-speed access to corporate, public and personal information through the Internet and enterprise networks. We also offer our extensive technical expertise to our customers to facilitate the use and integration of our products.
- Developing and executing system level test plans for Novatel products focusing on drivers, and software applications
- Technical champion for software applications and component test in EMEA
- Maintaining test hardware and operating systems in line with Novatel and industry developments
- Provide accurate and concise technical reports and project updates
- 2 years+ experience with Windows and Mac OS X at systems integration level
- Knowledge of wireless technologies, such as GSM, WCDMA and HSPA and 802.11 LAN technologies
- Strong understanding of USB device integration particularly pertaining to drivers and connection manager software utilities
- Programming ability in any of Perl, VB, C, C++, C#
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Working knowledge of Internet protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, and HTTP Proxy
- Practical understanding of wireless routers and interoperability with PC -’s
- Thorough and methodical approach to problem solving, defect characterization and analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarization of defect management applications
- Adaptable, flexible team member with good multi-tasking skills
- Familiarity with administration tools, such as Office, Word, Excel, Project, Visio, etc.
BS / MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Compensation & Benefits:
Our successful candidate will be entitled to a compensation package commensurate with qualifications, experience and performance, plus a comprehensive benefits plan.
How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest on becoming part of our innovative, market leading wireless family.
- Please select the -“apply to -” button on top of the page above the skills needed section.
- Candidates that complete the technical questions (If listed) receive special priority.
- Please feel free to apply for more than 1 position or refer a friend as we are always looking to build great teams.