Must Have Skills:
Ideally, company is looking for someone with 10+ years at the Architect level, however, we are excited to consider candidates with lesser years of experience that can make a compelling case for the position.
Small Technology company located in the Pleasanton is seeking an Architect/Sr. SW Developer. Ideal candidate must have 10+ years of experience architecting, developing, deploying and supporting complex computing/data-driven business applications in a large scale environment. We may also consider exceptional candidates with lesser years of experience. The Sr. Software Developer/Architect will be responsible for architecting and developing, high performance enterprise SaaS software solutions.
- End-to-end SDLC: Design, develop/implement, test, maintain, deploy, and enhance/extend new and existing software solutions & applications, targeted primarily for the web/internet (based on Microsoft technologies)
- Architect, design and develop high quality applications which address all architectural concerns.
- Develop complex and high volume web applications that cater to millions of users.
- Design database architecture to support performance and scaling
- Work with IT and business representatives to identify opportunities leading to the design and development of tools and applications
- RDMS: Design, develop; enhance/evolve databases/schemas related to software solutions/applications being developed.
- Contribute: ideas/recommendations for current/future architecture/system design, tools, and technology
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to make critical system-level design decisions and drive projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge in OOP/OOD utilizing the UML (or similar) methodology. Ability to apply design concepts layered architectures, components, interfaces, messaging and patterns.
- Experience in designing & architecting web-applications in Development environment (IDEs) which support UML (or similar) modeling (e.g. Class Diagrams, State Diagrams) with code-generation capabilities. Examples of such IDEs would be Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2010, Borland Developer Studio 2005/2006 w/ECO II/III, IBM Rational Rose/XDE.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Technologies - specifically, .NET Framework 2.0/3.5/4.0, IIS 6/7/7.5, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, Windows Server 2003/2008
- Vast experience in Microsoft ASP.NET and C# .NET
- Strong knowledge of T-SQL
- Experience in Web UI design using high-end graphics applications (e.g. Flash, Fireworks, Adobe Suites).
- Production-level experience in Web Services concepts & methods (XML Web-Services, WCF)
- Production-level experience in AJAX technologies
- Experience in n-tier applications
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, flexible, diverse, demanding and exciting environment.
- Must be creative and resourceful to be able to handle the unique challenges that our company can bring.
- Minimum of Undergraduate degree (e.g. BS) in Computer Science and/or completed a senior-level Microsoft Certification Program - e.g. MCSD (Microsoft Certified Solution Developer)
- Demonstrated ability to dive into a project and deal with the uncertainties of new product development, and get hands-on quickly.
- Familiarity with Software Change, Configuration Management and Build Processes in a complex environment.