Must Have Skills:
We are hiring 1 BSEE or MSEE engineer with 0-3 years of work or internship experience as an RF, Baseband, Electrical, Antenna, or Hardware Engineer
Do You Dream of Creating Hardware Solutions for Wireless Data Devices?
Want to Innovate LTE, HSPA+, WCDMA, UMTS, EV-DO, and other Data Products?
We are hiring 1 hardware engineering graduate with 0-3 years of work or internship experience. You will have mentors helping you quickly advance your career as you rotate around 3-4 different groups within Antenna, Baseband, RF, and other Hardware Engineering disciplines.
Start Your Career at Novatel Wireless!
- Join our Recent College Graduate Engineering Rotation Program
- Accelerated learning experience with a focus on innovation, leadership, and growth
- Full-time direct hire with benefits, gym membership, 1st class speakers, and extra training
- Cross-departmental exposure to increase your control on career direction and focus
- 1 year rotation around 3-4 Hardware Groups (Antenna, Baseband, RF, and other Hardware Engineering disciplines.)
- Upon program completion, you will be placed in a department based on career direction
Qualifying for the Hardware Engineering Rotation Program
- Internship or work experience as an RF, Baseband, Electrical, Antenna, or Hardware Engineer
- Due to the exclusive nature of this accelerated program, we can only choose 1 top engineer
- The top applicants will be ranked by qualified past internships, experience, GPA, and other factors
- You must be a recent graduate within the past 2-3 years with a Masters or Bachelors degree
Nice to have 1 or more of the following:
- Experience with design, integration, or verification of ASICS, Memory, Interface, Power Supplies, DC-DC converters, modules, electro-mechanical or discrete components in high-volume wireless communication devices
- CDMA, WCDMA, HSPA, LTE knowledge a plus
- Working knowledge of Antenna Test Chambers
- Satimo System a plus
- TRP/TIS Testing
- Generate schematics and PCB layout
- Hardware test and validation experience
- Experience in signal integrity tools and lab equipment use
- Experience with USB, PCMCIA, PCI, LCD displays and power supplies
- Experience with DSP, mP, memories (Flash, SRAM, MMC) and Data Converters
- High frequency PCB design practices and layout guidelines
- Ansoft HFSS or SAR
- Mentor Graphics experience would be beneficial
- Schedule driven self-starter with good communication skills
- Design of RF front end in high-volume wireless communication devices
- Generate schematics and PWB layout
- Test and validate products in compliance with CDMA-1xRTT /EVDO device specifications, environmental conditions, and internal electrical/mechanical requirements
- Strong background in wireless device design and RF hardware design
- Experience in RF lab equipment use
- Experience in Tx, Rx and Synthesizer chains
- Experience in Zero-IF design, calibration and testing
Who is Novatel Wireless?
Novatel Wireless is a global leader in developing innovative wireless data devices and applications for markets worldwide using advanced wireless networks such as GSM, GPRS, CDMA, UMTS and EV-DO and HSDPA. We are a publicly traded company headquartered in San Diego, California.
Innovators- We are a global innovator in 3G wireless mobility solutions
- 1st to market with EV-DO Rev-A product line
- 1st USB wireless broadband in North America
- 1st 3G wireless broadband router in Europe
- Exciting HSPA+ products in process
Work/Life Balance- We hire passionate people and create great teams.
Global- We have offices in San Diego (California), Calgary (Canada), Basingstoke, (United Kingdom), and Shanghai (China).
Financially Secure- Novatel Wireless is cash strong with no debt; founded in 1996, IPO in 2000.
- Interviews and Offers Made: May-June
- Program Start: End of June
Compensation & Benefits:
Our successful candidate will be entitled to a compensation package commensurate with qualifications, experience and performance, plus a comprehensive benefits plan.
How to Apply:
- Thank you for your interest on becoming part of our innovative, market leading wireless family.
- Please select the apply to button on top of the page above the skills needed section.
- Candidates that complete the technical questions receive special priority.