Must Have Skills:
Generate schematics and PCB layout
Novatel Wireless Highlights:
Innovators- We are a global innovator in 3G wireless mobility solutions.
* 1st to market with EV-DO Rev-A product line
* 1st USB wireless broadband in North America
* 1st 3G wireless broadband router in Europe
* Exciting HSPA+ products in process
Work/Life Balance- We hire passionate people and create great teams.
Global- We have offices in San Diego (California), Calgary (Canada), Basingstoke,
(United Kingdom), and Shanghai (China).
Financially Secure- Novatel Wireless is cash strong with no debt; founded in 1996, IPO in 2000.
- Lead design, integration and verification of ASICS, Memory, Interface, Power Supplies, DC-DC converters, modules, electro-mechanical and discrete components in high-volume wireless communication devices
- Generate schematics and PCB layout
- Test and validate products over the environmental conditions in compliance with CDMA-1xRTT /EVDO device specifications and internal electrical and mechanical requirements
- Generate internal design specifications and documentation as necessary
- Participate in design and other milestone reviews
- Work with customers to integrate wireless communication devices into their products
- Work with vendors in component selection and timely resolution of issues
- Strong background in wireless device design and digital hardware design
- CDMA knowledge a plus
- Audio knowledge helpful
- Experience in signal integrity tools and lab equipment use
- Experience with USB, PCMCIA, PCI, LCD displays and power supplies
- Experience with DSP, mP, memories (Flash, SRAM, MMC) and Data Converters
- Superior problem solving skills at board level with strong layout skills a must
- Mentor Graphics experience required
- Schedule driven self-starter with good communication skills
BSEE with a minimum 3 years of relevant experience required. MSEE preferred.