Must Have Skills:
Mac OS X software development, driver or socket-level network or USB development, and Mac UI, Cocoa, or other Mac Software development.
Some High School Coursework
Novatel Wireless Highlights:
Innovators- We are a global innovator in 3G wireless mobility solutions.
* 1st to market with EV-DO Rev-A product line
* 1st USB wireless broadband in North America
* 1st 3G wireless broadband router in Europe
* Exciting HSPA+ products in process
Work/Life Balance- We hire passionate people and create great teams.
Global- We have offices in San Diego (California), Calgary (Canada), Basingstoke,
(United Kingdom), and Shanghai (China).
Financially Secure- Novatel Wireless is cash strong with no debt; founded in 1996, IPO in 2000.
Successful candidate will work in San Diego to produce high-quality code as a member of the connection manager team working with the driver team. Must be able to develop original code and debugging existing code on a timely and accurate basis. Main tasks include kernel-level driver development on Mac OS X specifically for USB and serial port drivers, and some operational support for fielded drivers. Write applications such as connection managers, GPS, support Novatel SDK, presentation system, and systems level code for desktop Mac OS X products. Interact with firmware, software, and technical teams in US, Canada and Europe.
- Intimacy with IOKit framework, Core Foundation, Kernel Extensions, IORegistry, System Configuration framework, PPP, USB, Serial port programming.
- Conversant in AppKit, CoreData, Cocoa Bindings, launchd, Authorization Services, Bonjour. Knowledge of Linux, POSIX, Serial I/O.
- Working knowledge of Internet protocols such as, XML, SSL, HSDPA, WAN, 802.11 WiFi, CDMA, WWAN modems.
- Skills in MAC HIG, Mac Graphics, media tools, and QT.
- 4 years of Mac OS X software development
- 2 years of driver or socket-level network or USB development
- 2 years of Mac UI, Cocoa, or other Mac Software development.
- Commercial experience in mobile wireless internet client/server software solutions.
- Experience with software development lifecycle and handling multiple tasks, and work to team priorities.
- Some user interface experience over internet and intranet deployments.
Bachelor -’s Degree in Computer Science. Masters in CS if little commercial experience.
Compensation & Benefits:
Our successful candidate will be entitled to a compensation package commensurate with qualifications, experience and performance, plus a comprehensive benefits plan.
How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest on becoming part of our innovative, market leading wireless family.
- Please select the -“apply to -” button on top of the page above the skills needed section.
- Candidates that complete the technical questions (If listed) receive special priority.
- Please feel free to apply for more than 1 position or refer a friend as we are always looking to build great teams.