Must Have Skills:
Linux or ESX experience
Novatel Wireless Highlights:
Innovators- We are a global innovator in 3G wireless mobility solutions.
* 1st to market with EV-DO Rev-A product line
* 1st USB wireless broadband in North America
* 1st 3G wireless broadband router in Europe
* Exciting HSPA+ products in process
Work/Life Balance- We hire passionate people and create great teams.
Global- We have offices in San Diego (California), Calgary (Canada), Basingstoke,
(United Kingdom), and Shanghai (China).
Financially Secure- Novatel Wireless is cash strong with no debt; founded in 1996, IPO in 2000.
- Hands on experience with Linux and/or ESX Systems
- Disaster recovery experience a bonus
- Broad-spectrum of skills meeting required knowledge below
- Some architecture experience is good; but mainly working at system level
- Must be okay with desktop support
- 3-8 years of Systems experience- 99% of our servers are Windows but we need a resident expert in Linux to help grow that team
Main Duties Job Duties:
- This person will be responsible for providing desktop support, datacenter support including network and telephony systems.
- They will interact with internal customers to facilitate the repair of computer hardware and software problems, acting as second tier support for the company IT Helpdesk in the EMEA theater.
- The ability to development relationships with internal customers, requirements gathering and analysis, detailed design and system setup/configuration, testing, implementation management and support.
- The appropriate candidate will have experience managing projects working with outside vendors that provide services like HVAC, Electrical, Telephony and Internet Services (MLPS/Leased line a plus).
They must be familiar with APC UPS /Environmental gear, VMWare 3.5/Vsphere 4.0, current (and recent) Windows and Macintosh operating systems a bonus, Dell laptops, desktops, servers, and backup/autoloader gear, Cisco 802.11, switches, Windows RRAS VPN and firewalls, category 5/5e/6 wiring, ACT-3000 security/access control, Avaya IP Office telephone switches and voicemail management a plus.
Minimum amount of on the job experience. 8-10 years
- They must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interface with the user community as well as remote support teams.
- They must have a customer service attitude and the ability to foster a positive and constructive relationship with others.
- Ability to travel outside the US, work in shift/late night schedules, weekends and holidays as necessary.
Compensation & Benefits:
Our successful candidate will be entitled to a compensation package commensurate with qualifications, experience and performance, plus a comprehensive benefits plan.
How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest on becoming part of our innovative, market leading wireless family.
- Please select the - -“apply to - -” link on top of the page above the skills needed section.
- Candidates that complete the technical questions (If listed) receive special priority.
- Please feel free to apply for more than 1 position or refer a friend as we are always looking to build great teams.