Must Have Skills:
Detailed knowledge of the technologies involved in UMTS systems and HSDPA/HSUPA features.
Some High School Coursework
Novatel Wireless Highlights:
Innovators- We are a global innovator in 3G wireless mobility solutions.
* 1st to market with EV-DO Rev-A product line
* 1st USB wireless broadband in North America
* 1st 3G wireless broadband router in Europe
* Exciting HSPA+ products in process
Work/Life Balance- We hire passionate people and create great teams.
Global- We have offices in San Diego (California), Calgary (Canada), Basingstoke,
(United Kingdom), and Shanghai (China).
Financially Secure- Novatel Wireless is cash strong with no debt; founded in 1996, IPO in 2000.
- Technical interface for customers during the development and technical acceptance phase.
- Working with network providers to co-ordinate and capture technical requirements, ensuring internal test coverage.
- Analysis of failures during field and operator testing, down to protocol level where necessary.
- Test case design and validation of new technologies pertaining to NVTL products in EMEA.
- Hands on execution of field tests/acceptance tests where needed.
- Leadership of operator acceptance projects where needed.
- Provide accurate and concise technical reports and project updates.
- Detailed knowledge of the technologies involved in UMTS systems and HSDPA/HSUPA features.
- Track record (3 years+) delivering project milestones during the commercialization phase of a UMTS device, ideally with customer facing role.
- Familiar with 3GPP specifications and mobile device certification activities.
- Awareness of the commercialization phases of mobile devices in EMEA -– particularly from R&D through to operator acceptance.
- Flexible and adaptable to be assigned to a variety of technology or customer launch type projects.
- Thorough and methodical approach to defect characterization and analysis.
- Experience of running multiple projects, with variety of situations. Comfortable dealing with commercial aspects and deep UMTS system analysis at the same time.
- Experience with mobile device logging tools and defect management applications.
- Available to travel at short notice
Compensation & Benefits:
Our successful candidate will be entitled to a compensation package commensurate with qualifications, experience and performance, plus a comprehensive benefits plan.
How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest on becoming part of our innovative, market leading wireless family.
- Please select the -“apply to -” button on top of the page above the skills needed section.
- Candidates that complete the technical questions (If listed) receive special priority.
- Please feel free to apply for more than 1 position or refer a friend as we are always looking to build great teams.