Must Have Skills:
Lead design of RF Integration on EVDO and HSPA communication devices
Novatel Wireless Highlights:
Innovators- We are a global innovator in 3G wireless mobility solutions.
* 1st to market with EV-DO Rev-A product line
* 1st USB wireless broadband in North America
* 1st 3G wireless broadband router in Europe
* Exciting HSPA+ products in process
Work/Life Balance- We hire passionate people and create great teams.
Global- We have offices in San Diego (California), Calgary (Canada), Basingstoke,
(United Kingdom), and Shanghai (China).
Financially Secure- Novatel Wireless is cash strong with no debt; founded in 1996, IPO in 2000.
Summary and Scope:
- Lead design of RF front end in high-volume wireless communication devices
- Generate schematics and PWB layout
- Test and validate products in compliance with CDMA-1xRTT /EVDO device specifications, environmental conditions, and internal electrical/mechanical requirements
- Generate internal design specifications and documentation as necessary
- Participate in design and other milestone reviews
- Work with customers to integrate wireless communication devices into their products
- Work with vendors in component selection and timely resolution of issues
- Strong background in wireless device design and RF hardware design
- Experience in CDMA required and HSPA/LTE desired
- Experience in RF lab equipment use
- Experience in Tx, Rx and Synthesizer chains
- Experience in Zero-IF design, calibration and testing
- Experience with carrier certification process for CDMA products
- Superior problem solving skills at board level with strong layout skills a must
- Mentor Graphics experience required
- Schedule driven self-starter with good communication skills
- Some travel required
BSEE with a minimum 5 years of relevant experience required. MSEE preferred.
Compensation & Benefits:
Our successful candidate will be entitled to a compensation package commensurate with qualifications, experience and performance, plus a comprehensive benefits plan.
How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest on becoming part of our innovative, market leading wireless family.
- Please select the -“apply to -” button on top of the page above the skills needed section.
- Candidates that complete the technical questions (If listed) receive special priority.
- Please feel free to apply for more than 1 position or refer a friend as we are always looking to build great teams.