Must Have Skills:
Experience with Windows kernel device drivers, USB, NDIS, WDM, KMDF, Windows 7 frameworks.
Novatel Wireless Highlights:
Innovators- We are a global innovator in 3G wireless mobility solutions.
* 1st to market with EV-DO Rev-A product line
* 1st USB wireless broadband in North America
* 1st 3G wireless broadband router in Europe
* Exciting HSPA+ products in process
Work/Life Balance- We hire passionate people and create great teams.
Global- We have offices in San Diego (California), Calgary (Canada), Basingstoke,
(United Kingdom), and Shanghai (China).
Financially Secure- Novatel Wireless is cash strong with no debt; founded in 1996, IPO in 2000.
Full responsibility for driver architecture of all product platforms on all commercial operating systems of Windows, Mac OSX and key Linux distributions. Able to write or direct engineers in writing drivers for desktop and embedded Linux, WinCE or other commercial device OS. Be able to make strong recommendations and perhaps refactor an existing commercial architecture. Have a zero defects attitude in administering development approach. Work with driver software manager to produce high quality host drivers for communications modem products with the driver team. Responsibilities involve kernel level driver development primarily on the Windows operating system. Provide occasional support to field issues using debugging tools to perform root cause analysis. Interact with multiple firmware design teams in US, Canada for worldwide 3G/4G solutions.
- 7 years experience in Windows kernel device driver development
- 5 years experience in USB projects.
- 3 years experience in NDIS 5.x / 6.x driver architecture
- Handle multiple assignments while balancing personal assignments with team priorities.
- Strong comprehension of Windows OS kernel mode device driver development.
- Detailed knowledge of Windows Driver Model (WDM), Kernel Mode Driver Framework (KMDF), especially Windows 7 frameworks.
- Strong background in Networking protocols and Operating system concepts.
- Excellent knowledge of C/C++
- Experience writing Linux drivers on embedded systems.
- Experience with debugging and trouble shooting in Windows Kernel
- Familiarity with x86 assembly / USB protocol platform.
- Knowledge of HSDPA, EVDOrA, WAN, 802.11n, Ethernet, WiFi, EVDO, LTE, WiMax Modems.
MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
This position will require traveling overseas to test houses to complete the certification activities of projects. Also, domestic travel is required to test houses within the United States. Must be willing to work overtime when needed to complete the certification activity of projects prior to product launch. Must be able to work well under time pressure.
Compensation & Benefits:
Our successful candidate will be entitled to a compensation package commensurate with qualifications, experience and performance, plus a comprehensive benefits plan.
How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest on becoming part of our innovative, market leading wireless family.
- Please select the -“apply to -” button on top of the page above the skills needed section.
- Candidates that complete the technical questions (If listed) receive special priority.
- Please feel free to apply for more than 1 position or refer a friend as we are always looking to build great teams.