Must Have Skills:
Please see job posting for specifics
RESIDENT COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST (RCS)
Florida Work Areas:
Pensacola, Chipley, Tampa, Sarasota, Orlando, Palm Beach,
MTN Resources is seeking Resident Compliance Specialists (RCS) to join their team. The Resident Compliance Specialist is responsible for monitoring Federal Compliance requirements on USDOT funded projects, including Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), Federal Transit Administration (FTA), Federal Rail Administration (FRA) funding.
General Responsibilities include:
- Monitor and review the contractors reporting activities and performance with regard to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Affirmative Action (AA), Disadvantage Business Enterprise (DBE), On-the-Job Training (OJT) and Federal Wage Rate Provisions (Davis Bacon Act).
- Monitor compliance with FHWA 1273 (Required Contract Provisions Federal-Aid Construction Contracts), if FHWA funded project.
- Establish and maintain reporting requirements that may be required for alternative federal funding deliveries including but not limited to TIFIA and TIGER.
- Follow procedures established by FDOT Construction Contract Compliance Workbook as applicable.
- Monitor federal compliance requirements on Local Agency Program (LAP) projects in accordance with FDOT procedures and policy.
- Establish and maintain organized records and files to adhere to Federal, State, City and County rules and regulations concerning the contracts compliance requirements.
- Prepare correspondence to contractors and Departmental personnel with regards to the state of compliance as directed by Departmental procedures and/or directives released by the DCCM.
- Attend preconstruction conferences to inform contractors of their obligations relating to EEO/DBE/OJT, Davis Bacon and associated Federal rules and regulations.
- Review the Daily Work Reports (DWR) (as necessary) for all the construction project. Each DWR will be analyzed for content in order to determine the status of active contractors (prime, subcontractors, and subordinate subcontractors).
- Verify contractor -ís payrolls for format, classification, pay and timely submittal. When field interviews are received from project personnel, verify information against payrolls. If necessary, issue noncompliance notices to contractors for incorrect classification, pay scales, etc. Establish and maintain files for payrolls and labor interviews. Prepare for submission to appropriate offices.
- Establish and maintain all documents related to the On-the-Job Training Program. Check personnel action forms to see if they comply with training guide schedule. Travel to project site to interview training candidates as outlined in Compliance Reference Guide. Ensure timely submission of the Monthly Time Reports. Verify Monthly Time Reports against payrolls and report inconsistencies.
- This position may be required to assist in other activities as directed depending upon workloads.
- Coordinate and facilitate effective communication with State, County, City and Contractor personnel, to ensure an open and positive exchange of information, and timely submittals.
- Perform field inspections of the job site bulletin board and conduct onsite project personnel interviews.
- Adhere to strict project safety standards. Maintain a neat, professional appearance, and provide services in a punctual manner.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as a resident compliance officer on a construction project or two (2) years of assisting the compliance officer in monitoring the project.
- Should have prior experience in both State funded and Federal Aid funded construction projects with FDOT and knowledge of EEO/AA laws and FDOT -ís DBE and OJT programs.
- Ability to analyze, collect, evaluate data, and take appropriate action when necessary.
- Must attend all training workshops or meetings for Resident Compliance Specialists as determined necessary.
- Must have prior experience working with FDOT systems including:
o Equal Opportunity Compliance (EOC) Reporting System for DBE participation
o Electronic Database Management System (EDMS)
o FDOT Payroll Violation System (CARS)
- Must provide a clean Florida DMV Record. Maintain a clean driving record during employment.
MTN Resources is known across the State of Florida for its dedicated team of professionals providing top quality compliance monitoring services for over 15 years to local, state and federal clients. Our service record is supported by our years of experience, an ongoing commitment to continued education and training, and our network of dedicated conscientious professionals that strive daily to meet or exceed our client -ís needs. Clients rely on MTN Resources for their expertise, skills, competence and attention to detail, as an integral part of the team, supporting each project to a successful completion. MTN Resources provides a diverse workplace that fosters collaboration, growth and development and we are looking for like-minded candidates interested in being part of our team. If you have a strong work ethic and are interested in becoming a key member of a successful team, please submit your resume.
MTN Resources, LLC is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
MTN Resources is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.