Houston, Texas United States
The section below will help you connect with Cheri and obtain more business!
Cheri is interested in...
Finding a Job for the HR / Recruiting / Staffing
“I am interested in finding a position as a valuable member of a new team where I can use my skills in Payroll, Human Resources,Project Accounting and Employment Law
Cheri can help you with...
Finding Information on a Product or Service for the HR / Recruiting / Staffing
Cheri's Recent Shout Outs!
Cheri's Short Bio
I am a Human Resource/Payroll professional with extensive experience that is currently seeking immediate full time employment. I have 10 years of experience in Employee Relations.
I am interested in finding a position as a valuable member of a new team where I can use my skills in Payroll, Human Resources,Project Accounting and Employment Law and improve my knowledge of the oil and gas industry.
5706 Carrollton Creek Ct.
Extensive background in Human Resource/Payroll generalist affairs
* US and International payroll processing
* Employment Law
* Oracle Interface
* Dynamics Interface
* Forefront Interface
* Employee deductions
* All Microsoft office programs
* Employee Relations
* Program/Project Management
* Monthly Close Process for Project management / Accounting
* Reconciliation of payroll to projects
* Working knowledge of company procedures
* Communicate various Policy changes, updates to all employees
* Orientation & On-Boarding
* Training & Development
* Organizational Development
* Update and Maintain Policies & Procedures
* Good communication between colleagues
* Consistently efficient and productive
Canyon Offshore — Houston, TX
Provides ROV support vessels and ROV trenching services globally.
Payroll Administrator, January 2006 - May 22, 2009
* Transitioned Forefront and Dynamics human resource processing systems to Oracle processing system.
* Structured and implemented programs/policies in the areas of Human Resources and Payroll.
* Processed and issued employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
* Compute wages and deductions, and enter data into systems.
* Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
* Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
* Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
* Record employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records.
* Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
* Keep informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process.
* Provide information to employees and managers on payroll matters, tax issues, benefit plans, and collective agreement provisions.
* Post relevant work hours to client files to bill clients properly.
* Complete, verify, and process forms and documentation for administration of benefits such as pension plans, and unemployment and medical insurance.
* Prepare and balance period-end reports, and reconcile issued payrolls to bank statements.
* Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts, and submit them to appropriate departments.
* Liaison with Accounting, Operations, and Asia Pacific Region (APAC) as needed
* Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
* Allocate human resources, ensuring appropriate matches between personnel.
* Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
* Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
* Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
* Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
* Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
* Analyze training needs to design employee development, language, training, and health and safety programs.
* Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
* Analyze statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization's personnel policies and practices.
* Plan, organize, direct, control or coordinate the personnel, training, or labor relations activities of an organization.
* Prepare personnel forecast to project employment needs.
* Prepare and follow budgets for personnel operations.
* Study legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
Corestaff Services — Houston, TX
Provides full-time, direct hire, temp-to-hire and temporary employment to companies all over the US.
Internal Billing Specialist, January 2001 – January 2006
* Process unique electronic billing per client requirements weekly.
* Created and maintained specialized spreadsheets to track and reconcile weekly billing for fifteen clients
* Processed credit card payments
* Provided weekly again updates for account reconciliation and collection
* Created and maintained all required weekly / monthly billing reports and back up for twenty four clients including excel cash posting summaries
* Prepared and distributed monthly-consolidated reports to clients.
* Responsible for billing approximately $1,000,000.00 weekly
* Provide support to any clientele in need to resolve and conflicts or concerns they had in a timely manner.
* Maintain Coretrack balance sheets / reports for credit and collections department
* Process all prior period adjustments to ensure the payroll and billing got revised and sent to the client promptly.
Vital Ambulatory Health Care – Houston, TX
Provides temporary hospital staffing, physical therapy and in home nursing care to disabled patients in the Houston area.
Assistant Administrator, November 1999 – January 2001
* Data entry of all correspondence.
* Front office duties, including filing, copying, handling incoming calls and routing to the appropriate person, Etc.
* Administrative duties, including data entry of Medicare billing patient 485’s, all hospital billing, scheduling hospital staff, Oasis forms for Medicare and billing for all private duty insurance companies.
* Payroll duties, including payroll processing for all employees including hospital staffing
* Accounting duties, including handling of all past due invoices, all cash receipts, and deposits.
Education & Certifications
* Payroll Administration
* Understanding and Avoiding insider trading
* Complete Course on Payroll Management
* The Impact of SOX on Accounting
* Configuring Oracle
* Excel 2003 – Level 2
* Achieving Your Highest Priorities
* Corrective and Preventive Action
Complete ongoing training in the areas of compensation and benefits, employee and labor relations, leaves of absence, workers’ compensation and workplace safety/security.
American Payroll Association (APA)
Cheri's Posted Jobs
Cheri Does Not Have Any Jobs Posted
Cheri Does Not Have Any Splits Posted
Members Similar to Cheri
Does Not Have Any Similar Members