Chris Parker, CADC
2202 Morton Ave, New Albany IN 47150 812-989-7773 email@example.com
Enthusiastic, hardworking and self-motivated professional counselor with excellent interpersonal skills seeks a position in counseling. Qualifications include:
• Over 10 years experience counseling individuals and families affected by substance abuse and other family problems
• Exceptional presentation, negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills; will quickly develop positive rapport with all individuals
• Detailed oriented and highly organized in scheduling and handling case loads
• Additional years of experience in customer service area
Relevant Professional Experience
Workforce Development Specialist (Ex-Offenders), Goodwill Industries, Louisville, KY 11/09-Present
• Created and designed the Second Chance Program in 6 weeks.
• Provided life skills and reintegration skills to 60 participants.
• Zero percent recidivism rates reported.
• Conducted intake interviews and needs assessments for ex-offenders.
• Provides counseling to participants focusing on assessment needs, work habits, interpersonal skills, and other issues impacting work.
• Provided case management services connecting with appropriate agencies for additional needs and assistance.
• Conducted career guidance and vocational counseling as appropriate.
• Assisted in formulating and implementing an Individualized Plan for Career Development for ex-offenders.
• Coordinated and provided substance abuse counseling.
• Maintained written reports and case file documentation as required.
• Communicated with and serves as a liaison between the person served and other agencies involved.
• Functioned as a member of the Workforce Development Department team, giving and receiving peer input into the delivery of services.
Family Case Manager, Indiana Department of Child Services, Jeffersonville IN 04/08 – 09/09
• Investigated reported incidents of child abuse, or neglect which prevented hundreds of instances of abuse or neglect to continue.
• Made a determination of whether or not abuse or neglect is substantiated.
• Developed recommendations to a Juvenile court for disposition.
• Conducted child and family team meetings.
• Assessed level of risk to the child for additional injury or harm, including whether the child is in imminent danger, and may recommend removal of the child from the family as the situation warranted.
• Performed needs assessments to determine treatment options for families and children.
• Testified in either Juvenile or Criminal Court of Law concerning the needs of the families and children.
• Maintained case files and develops briefing reports for the community child protection team, in-office case staffing or out-of-home placement agency staffing.
• Developed plans with families and children in their home to divert children from the juvenile justice system.
Substance Abuse Counselor, The Morton Center, Louisville, KY 11/03 – 02/08
• Administered therapy to chemically dependent individuals by providing individual, group and family counseling to help clients identify and resolve personal chemical dependency issues.
• Utilized assessment and diagnostic tools and forms to gather information pertaining to client history to assist in developing accurate assessments and treatment planning.
• Maintained accurate documentation of individual, group and family counseling sessions and activities adhering to established regulations and licensure standards.
• Provided information to clients on chemical dependency and related issues through educational sessions which may include presentations, films, etc.
• Consulted with client referral sources on issues related to client treatment and therapy progress.
• Provided a variety of indirect client services including writing correspondence on behalf of clients, charting medical records, conducting case reviews and treatment planning, making telephone contacts, and monitoring client fees.
• Performed multiple organizational responsibilities including attending and participating in supervisory and staff meetings, performing assigned committee functions, facilitating non-clinical collaboration with other departments, etc.
Substance Abuse Counselor, Georgia Highlands Treatment Services, Dalton, GA 01/94 - 01/99
• Encouraged open communication in group settings.
• Provided individual and group counseling to individuals suffering from addictions and mental disorders.
• Educated individuals in the 12-step process.
• Led individuals through emotional difficulties and breakthroughs.
• Led anger management groups.
• Provided Activity Therapy sessions.
• Organized patient information.
• Created aftercare and treatment plans.
• Created family bonding and understanding.
Shift Supervisor, Starbucks Coffee, Louisville, KY 11/02 - 03/04
• Ordered supplies for store on weekly basis while ensuring inventory was accurate.
• Supervised shift employees while reorganizing store for more efficient use.
• Completed daily sales numbers of thousands of dollars.
Ticket Broker, Encore Tickets, Atlanta, GA 03/01 - 03/02
• Sold over 50,000 tickets to various sporting and musical events.
• Provided accurate locations of seating in over 500 venues and stadiums internationally.
• Advertised company through website www.encoretickets.com, alterations and verbal promotions.
Store Manager, Joe Muggs Coffee, Atlanta, GA 11/99 - 11/00
• Supervised and trained employees.
• Ensured inventory was accurate after ordering supplies from various vendors.
• Completed daily sales numbers of thousands of dollars.
• Interacted with hundreds of customers daily.
Education / Computer Skills
• CADC #1062 Expires 2012
• 1987-1993 BA Psychology, University of West Georgia College
• 1993-1994 Masters of Marital and Family Therapy, Mercer University (non-graduate 1 year completed)
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook.