, United States
Manufacturing / Production / Distribution
The section below will help you connect with Kevin and obtain more business!
Kevin is interested in...
Finding a Job for the HR / Recruiting / Staffing
“Accomplished Human Resources Manager- HR generalist with focus in labor relations, talent acquistion, organization effectiveness, and culture change, looking for that next leadership position in consumer packaging or manufacturing industries. Please feel free to read my profile @ www.linkedin/in/kevinfarell1.”
Kevin can help you with...
Hiring Someone for the HR / Recruiting / Staffing
“I belong to several networks which provide job leads.”
Kevin's Recent Shout Outs!
Kevin's Short Bio
Re: Human Resources Management Position
Dear Talent Acquisition Manager,
I am currently pursuing a senior leadership position in Human Resources consulting. As you are seeking a Human Resources professional with management responsibilities for up to a 2,000-person organization or division, please consider my credentials.
My most recent employer has experienced a significant reorganization that has impacted my position. Please note that during my professional career I have gained progressive Human Resources leadership experiences and developed my career path, which includes:
• Region Manager, Human Resources- Rexam, with responsibilities for supporting multiple operating sites in human resources leadership, talent acquisition/ management, cost reduction initiatives, performance management, culture change and organization effectiveness.
• Region Manager Human Resources- Rexam, with responsibilities for developing labor strategy, conducting contract negotiations, labor relations activities and contract administration across multiple locations, recruitment, performance management, plant human resources audits, safety, benefit planning/administration, and compensation.
• Human Resources Manager, American National Can, promoted to eight different high speed manufacturing locations with employee populations from 300 to 1,000. Responsible for providing human resources leadership including, safety, all labor relations activities, performance management, manpower planning/employment, affirmative action, training, employee participation processes.
Kevin M. Farrell
KEVIN M. FARRELL
124 Whispering Lake 773-750-4906
Palos Park, IL 60464 www.linkedin.com/in/kevinfarrell1 email@example.com
HUMAN RESOURCES PROFESSIONAL
Accomplished Human Resources professional who consistently achieves results as a partner with senior leadership teams. Quick to understand business needs and respond with human capital strategies, programs and processes to meet operational objectives. Demonstrated competencies to support multiple sites, including international teams in their local cultures. My leadership style is characterized as enthusiastic, organized, solid planning, decisive, and is best suited where goals and results are valued. Delivery of results in multiple Human Resources functions with a focus on cost reduction, employee productivity, and culture change. Leadership and functional expertise in:
Human Resources Leadership Talent Acquisition Organization Effectiveness Labor Relations Performance Management Culture Change
REXAM PLC, Chicago, IL 1977 - Present
Worldwide leader in consumer packaging with sales in excess of $5 billion dollars, 22,000 employees.
Rexam purchased American National Can in 1999.
Region Manager, Human Resources (2007- Present)
Provide Human Resources leadership for six manufacturing locations with sales in excess of $600 million throughout the U.S. Over 500 hundred union and union free associates. Report to Director, Manufacturing.
• Managed global Supplier Guiding Principles Audit, in conjunction with an outside auditor, which focused on human rights practices and labor standards in each operating location. Successful outcome was critical in maintaining our key customer relationship and volume.
• Led initiative that changed a work rule policy change in the California plants which averted a potential liability in excess of $1 million to the Company.
• Created/implemented centralized sector talent acquisition platform which included comprehensive policy and procedures impacting 17 locations. Results recognized as a ‘Best Practice’ and adapted across all sectors. Metric results represented $300,000 first year recruitment savings, 57% reduction in search firm usage, and a 36% improvement in time to fill openings.
• Addressed on-site productivity issues to improve teamwork and culture through skip level meetings, assimilations, and 360 review processes. Implementation of action plans in one location drove improvement in productivity by 5% and created renewed team spirit.
• Developed labor cost tracking scorecard through payroll system across the region, resulting in excess of $250,000 savings year-to-date.
• Worked closely with on-site management team in the implementation of new on-line job performance management review system. Mid-year quality review process gained 100% commitment of managers/ associates and process upgraded timeliness of performance assessment and feedback.
• Introduced robust on-line pre-employment and exit interview process across 17 locations resulting in $50,000 cost savings in dramatic improvement in the hiring process and reference check time.
• Designed interview guide and trained all managers in behavioral-based interview techniques which improved quality of hiring decisions. Reduced employee turnover below the industry standard.
• Upgraded the performance and effectiveness in local facility HR talent through employment of three individuals with broad based HR competencies. Results improved diversity and bench strength.
Corporate Manager, Labor Relations (1994- 2007)
Managed labor relations activity focused on contract administration and negotiations for the company. Related responsibilities for over 500 sector associates included organization effectiveness, talent acquisition, performance management, safety, compensation and benefits. Reported to the Director, Human Resources.
• Developed strategy, costing, and conducted negotiations with eight labor contracts, including the I.A.M., U.S.W., and G.C.I.U. unions; all agreements were ratified without a work stoppage and within the approved monetary budget. Relationship with union leaders was of mutual respect.
KEVIN M. FARRELL PAGE 2
Corporate Manager, Labor Relations Manager (continued)
• Achieved several ‘company firsts’ under my leadership in negotiations including managed care, dental contributions, employee contributions both active and retiree for medical benefits, employee productivity based incentive plans, improved overtime scheduling practices, and work rule improvements.
• Changed ‘traditional’ hourly leadership positions on shop floor, developed new job descriptions, designed pay methods, and new selection criteria resulting in a more empowered workforce and a renewed level of ownership in job responsibilities.
• Presented and prevailed in two significant permanent arbitration cases involving long term associates, with potential company liability in excess of $200,000.
• Facilitated the Lean Manufacturing initiative in support of a corporate culture change; developed training materials and educated the workforce through multiple programs resulting in achieving industry leadership status for reduced spoilage levels and delivery of $2.3 million cost savings.
• Partnered with Human Resources Sector team in development and launch of a Portal/Employee Self Service process; utilized technology and reduced manual transactions, improved associate access to employment information.
• Designed creative salaried merit reward program that differentiated salary increases based on weighted factors including job competencies and employee performance.
• Created multiple hourly employee pay-at-risk incentive programs which provided monetary rewards based on improved annual results in safety, spoilage, and quality. All programs were self funded and provided the company savings over and above the payout.
• Led three year internal culture survey process which benchmarked perception of current state of the workplace; second survey measured progress improvement which became the benchmark for third year action plan to improve workplace satisfaction. This initiative improved key Company values of trust and teamwork throughout the facilities.
• Upgraded safety sector culture with development of a safety glass policy including metrics. Partnered with outside consultant to implement an annual safety audit resulting in a 50% improvement in scores year over year, and improved T.I.R. rates.
• Implemented web-based safety training program which enhanced employees ability to meet required OSHA training requirements and created necessary Company regulatory documentation.
• Selected as Brand Champion member to implement ‘One Company, One Mind’ concept following the acquisition by Rexam. Multiple associates were instructed on the new Company values, created standardization of marketing brand collateral and scheduled proactive interventions with trade magazines to reinforce competitive advantage of the brand.
• Orchestrated ‘Top Grading’ initiative which focused on talent acquisition of new managerial skills in conjunction with new leadership direction; action plans created 50% change in local facility leadership teams. Recipient of corporate ‘Initiative Plus’ award for driving leadership change across the sector.
Corporate Human Resources Manager (1992-1994)
Human Resources Manager- Various locations (1977-1992)
B.S., Political Science, Western Illinois University, Macomb, IL
Center for Creative Leadership
Selected for prestigious Rexam Horizon International Leadership Program
Society of Human Resources Management, Human Resource Management Association Chicago
Staffing Management Association of Greater Chicago
Kevin's Posted Jobs
Kevin Does Not Have Any Jobs Posted
Kevin Does Not Have Any Splits Posted
Members Similar to Kevin
Does Not Have Any Similar Members