Duluth, GA United States
Director of HR
Merial Limited - a Sanofi company
Biotech and Pharmaceutical
The section below will help you connect with Lily and obtain more business!
Lily is interested in...
Finding a Job for the HR / Recruiting / Staffing
“Seeking a senior HR Leadership position focusing on both strategic and operational aspects of people development and engagement. Sr. HR Director level with a global perspective. ”
Lily can help you with...
Providing Information on a Product or Service for the Biotech and Pharmaceutical
“Currently with one of the largest animal health division of a leading global pharmaceutical company. ”
Lily's Recent Shout Outs!
Lily's Short Bio
A HR Leader who is committed to add value to an organization, I bring over 15 years of experience in general HR, process improvement, organization development and change management. By partnering closely with the senior leadership team I work with all levels of the company to provide expertise in the areas of recruiting, employee relations, compensation and benefits, executive coaching, team building, performance management, and leadership assessment and development. I build and maintain strong relationships throughout the organization. My goal is to continue to grow and learn and be a trusted advisor to the leadership team and rest of the organization.
HR Policies and Procedures
Training and Development
Organization Change Management
An accomplished Human Resources leader with a global perspective. Interact closely with business leaders for the last 15 years to execute company’s strategic objectives by significantly improving organization and team effectiveness. Key competencies include designing and implementing programs for talent acquisition and management, leadership assessment, succession planning, organization design, performance management, organization change management, employee and labor relations, compensation and benefits, training and development, process improvement, and project management.
Merial Limited – A Sanofi Company 8/09 to Present
Global Director of People and Organization Development Duluth, GA
Oversee the Global Talent Management function for a leading animal healthcare company with 5,500 employees in 150 countries. Major accomplishments include:
- Leading four task forces to integrate into Sanofi including Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, Performance Management, and Leadership Development
- Leading two critical pre-integration teams for Merial’s 50/50 joint venture/merger with Merck Animal Health which was terminated in March 2011. The work-streams consist of Talent Management & Culture, including developing and implementing a fair and balanced selection process for N-2 level and below.
- Providing expertise in leadership and executive coaching and team building.
- Overseeing the Culture Alignment survey with 500+ managers achieving 85% participation rate globally.
- Building and delivering the Succession Planning program for 500+ managers. Work with HR and Business Leaders to identify and assess bench strength and expand the management pipeline.
- Designing and implementing the Performance Management process including working with managers on goal setting, mid-year progress check, and annual appraisal.
- Leading internal and external resources to develop and execute a Change Management strategy to assist the organization through a merger/joint-venture transition. The program was successfully rolled out to over 1,000 managers globally in various languages over three months.
- Managing the Leadership Platform training programs targeted for mid to senior level managers.
- Driving a competency-based Talent Management approach, including developing core leadership/behavioral competencies to be used for evaluating the management team.
Vulcan Materials Company 3/01 to 8/09
Director of Human Resources – Western Division Los Angeles, CA
Sr. Human Resources Manager – Western Division Los Angeles, CA
Partnered with the Executive Team and led five generalists to deliver quality services in all areas of HR to 1,800 employees over three states for the largest aggregate mining company in the US. Major accomplishments included:
- Maintaining full responsibility for setting and executing department’s annual budget of $5 million, developing and coaching five generalists and specialists, and building relations with other business areas.
- Developing and implementing recruiting strategies with an annual target of 500 openings and a recruiting and relocation budget of $3 million. Typically involved in placing 20 key management positions a year.
- Sourcing management and leadership candidates. Facilitated the interview and selection process.
- Conducting job evaluation and skills analysis to properly align position with pay.
- Designing and implementing a comprehensive training function in the Division, including developing and delivering leadership, business, and technical/functional programs to over 1,800 employees.
- Counseling executives and managers in leadership and team issues. Facilitated intervention sessions between managers and employees to resolve trust problems.
- Developing creative compensation strategies to recruit and retain key talents in a highly competitive and high cost of living environment.
- Leading the executive team in implementing a Succession Planning and Talent Review process, resulting in identifying 100+ high potential management candidates.
- Leading management to build bench strength through job placement and training programs. Managed movement of talents across functions and geographies to create a sustainable pipeline of high potentials.
- Revamping the Performance Management process for 600 exempt employees. Coached managers on raising the bar, holding employees accountable for performance, and building high performing teams.
- Investigating and resolving employee relations situations including EEO, grievances, harassment and discrimination claims, and work place violence issues.
- Leading 5-10 focus groups with hourly union and non-union employees each year to solicit feedback and understand employee issues and concerns in the field. Provide advice to management on strategies and action plans to resolve issues.
- Conducting bi-annual Employee Engagement Survey and Voice of Customer Survey to assess employees’ motivation level and organization effectiveness in working as high performing teams. Worked with executives on improvement plans and communication strategy back to teams.
- Overseeing Compensation and Benefits functions. Managed promotion, salary, and incentive planning.
- Designing communication programs for President and Vice Presidents. Develop key messages relating to organization change and strategy to disseminate to employees.
- Demonstrating a clear understanding of business environment, challenges, and the impact on employees.
- Establishing trust and credibility. Built strong relationships with key stakeholders in the organization.
RemoteNet Corporation 1/00 to 3/01
Director of Human Resources Brea, CA
Established the HR function for a start-up high tech company. Major accomplishments included:
- Building HR processes including Recruiting, Compensation and Benefits.
- Staffing initial roles such as programmers, database administrators, and network support staff.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car 2/98 to 12/99
Process Manager / Manager of Employee Development St. Louis, MO
Provided process improvement expertise in the IT department. Subsequently selected to build the Employee Development Group to improve project management competencies. Major accomplishments included:
- Establishing competency maps key IT roles with proficiency levels. Influenced the executives to use a competency-based employee development approach.
- Identified skill gaps using competency assessment. Developed job experience and training to close gaps.
Ernst & Young LLP 11/89 to 2/98
Senior Consultant – Performance Improvement/Change Management Los Angeles, CA & St. Louis, MO
Director of Recruiting – West Region Los Angeles, CA
Managed the Recruiting and Internal Staffing functions for West Region. Promoted to Senior Consultant in the Performance Improvement practice. Major accomplishments included:
- Completing projects successfully for Fortune 500 clients. Lead client teams in streamlining processes through proven methodologies. Major clients included Boeing, Nissan, and SBC.
- Working in Communication and Organization Change Management roles on ERP implementations projects such as SAP and PeopleSoft.
- Demonstrating a continuous process improvement and customer orientation mindset.
- Establishing a Recruiting program for West Region which hired 200+ consultants annually.
MBA – University of Southern California
BS Communication – University of California at Los Angeles
Other: Fluent in Mandarin Chinese
Lily's Posted Jobs
Lily Does Not Have Any Jobs Posted
Lily Does Not Have Any Splits Posted
Members Similar to Lily
Does Not Have Any Similar Members