Plano, TX United States
HR - Talent Acquisition Manager
Dr Pepper Snapple Group
Manufacturing / Production / Distribution
The section below will help you connect with Sara and obtain more business!
Sara is interested in...
Finding a Job for the HR / Recruiting / Staffing
“I'm an HR - Talent Acquisition Management professional with a passion for helping others take their careers to the next level. With 10 years on the agency and third-party search side and 7 on the corporate side, I bring a blend of experience to the table including leadership, strategic staffing, succession planning, talent management, compensation, benefits, DOT and OFCCP compliance, vendor management, drug testing, background checks, employment branding, HRIS, and applicant tracking system implementation.”
Sara can help you with...
Providing Information on a Product or Service for the HR / Recruiting / Staffing
“With my employer having just spun off and become an independent, publicly traded company, we had to change every program, system and vendor that we had. We conducted extensive RFP's for Applicant Tracking Systems, Drug Testing, Background Checks, DOT Compliance (both Random Drug/BA Testing and Driver Qualification Files), Temporary Labor and Employment Branding. We also opened two, new greenfield manufacturing and distribution sites which involved the consolidation of two 3PL's we were using for one location, and starting from scratch in the other. I would be happy to share key learnings of these initiatives (and of course, am always happy to network with those looking for new opportunities).”
Sara's Recent Shout Outs!
Sara's Short Bio
I'm an HR - Talent Acquisition Management professional with a passion for helping others take their careers to the next level. With 10 years on the agency and third-party search side and 7 on the corporate side, I bring a blend of experience to the table including leadership, strategic staffing, succession planning, talent management, compensation, benefits, DOT and OFCCP compliance, vendor management, drug testing, background checks, employment branding, HRIS, and applicant tracking system implementation.
7944 Hannah Street
Plano, TX 75025
(972) 740-3330 / Cell
• Talent Acquisition Professional with extensive experience and demonstrated ability to influence, work cross-functionally and collaborate to bring about organizational change.
• Successful leadership and development of recruiting teams and initiatives across the U.S. and Canada.
• Experience with design and implementation of recruiting strategies, succession planning, performance metrics, compensation and salary surveys, relocation, benefits, employee relations, workers’ compensation, and both DOT and OFCCP compliance.
• Extensive Vendor Management experience with Applicant Tracking Systems, Drug Testing, Background Checks, Temp Labor and DOT Random Drug Testing and Driver Qualification Files, including RFI/RFP, vendor selection, contract negotiation, implementation, and audit against SLAs to ensure compliance.
• A strong blend of corporate HR and third party recruiting/agency experience supporting the following disciplines: Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Marketing, R&D, Legal, Communications/PR, Audit, Commercial Banking, IT, Administrative, and Light/Heavy Industrial.
• Champion of diversity recruitment initiatives with NSHMBA, NBMBAA and ALPFA on both a national and local level.
• Solid experience with the following platforms: HR Smart, iGrasp, Vurv (formerly RecruitMax), Employ, ResTrac, and Task Generator, as well as SAP and PeopleSoft.
B.S., Speech Communications
Oklahoma State University
University of North Texas
SPHR/PHR (currently enrolled, exams December, 2009)
Lean Six Sigma
08/06 – Present Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG)
Talent Acquisition Manager
Post-separation from Cadbury Schweppes in May, 2008, DPSG spun off and became an independent, publicly traded company. Over the past year I was responsible for the following:
• Applicant Tracking System – Consolidated all locations to one vendor. Developed business requirements and functional specifications, conducted User Acceptance Testing, and completed a phased implementation across the organization. For the first time in company history, all recruiting efforts were conducted through the same on-line tool. Sourcing capabilities and outreach efforts were greatly expanded through the use of Sourcing requisitions, which developed a pipeline of “ready-now” candidates ahead of actual requisitions. Time-to-fill was reduced, both quality of hire and retention increased, and a consistent selection process was in place for both salaried and front-line recruiting. Enhanced reporting capabilities greatly improved OFCCP audit performance.
• Background Checks – Consolidated all locations to one vendor. Developed packages based on job type to eliminate unnecessary time and money spent on “one-size-fits-all” checks. Implemented “Quick Hire” process to support same-day starts. Developed background check matrix and granted “Hire/No-Hire” decision to vendor to ensure consistent, unbiased adjudication. Real-time, web-based reporting capabilities dramatically improved compliance and quality of hire.
• Drug Testing – Consolidated all locations to one vendor. Electronic chain of custody eliminated FedEx charges and helped reduce pre-employment testing window from 72 to 48 hours. Results available in 15 minutes allowed same-day starts. Saved $225K+ in just one year.
• DOT Compliance – Consolidated all locations to one vendor. Moved from quarterly to monthly Random Drug/Blood Alcohol pull to drive drug free culture and ensure compliance well before the end of the fourth quarter each year. Web-based reporting capabilities provided real-time visibility to compliance at the enterprise and location level and tracked substitutions for those on LOA which dramatically improved our show rates and reduced the number of positives from 8% to less than 3% in just one year.
• Driver Qualification Files – Consolidated all locations to one vendor. More than 22,000 errors were discovered across files for driver population of approximately 3,500, which was a significant risk given DPSG is one of top 10 largest fleets in the U.S. Within only 90 days, company-wide DQF compliance already at 97%.
• Temp Labor – Consolidated 100+ legacy vendors to “Core Four” national staffing suppliers to leverage economies of scale, ensure consistent pricing, compliance and coverage for 250 locations, streamline billing process, enhance reporting capabilities to monitor vendor performance against SLA’s, and provide full visibility and maximum ROI of $50MM+ annual spend.
• Contractor Audit – Completed audit of corporate headquarters to collect number of temps/contractors, start/end dates, bill rates, supervisors and vendors. Deactivated 1,000+ badges of those no longer with the company and identified significant SOX, building security, co-employment and compliance risks. Proposed outsourcing to 3rd party vendor to mitigate risks and ensure consistent pricing, compliance and vendor approvals, extensions, etc. Funding pending for solution implementation in 2010.
• Employment Branding – Worked with internal and external vendors to create the first-ever Employment Brand. Developed content and look/feel for collateral materials including both salaried and front-line brochures, pop-up booths for career fairs, Talent Scout Cards, Kiosk Graphics, and enhanced Careers Page content and functionality.
On-going, I led, coached and developed a team of five to reach their full potential. I provided guidance to the organization, developed and executed long-term strategies to deliver against our aggressive talent agenda. Led all recruiting initiatives for all Corporate Functions at both the headquarters and across the United States. Built client relationships and worked collaboratively with HR Business Partners to design and deploy strategies, programs and practices that allowed the company to attract top talent in a cost effective and timely manner. Served as key guardian of talent procurement and champion for raising the bar on talent.
Developed recruiting strategies that reflected the uniqueness of both our brands and corporate culture. Created a competitive edge on our journey to become an "Employer of Choice". Built processes and procedures that delivered a high-touch candidate and customer experience. Developed and managed effective quality service standards, procedures and tools to ensure that the Talent Team operated at the highest levels of efficiency and service. Facilitated Behavioral Interviewing training sessions for both salaried and front-line roles to ensure consistency within the selection process. Participated in Succession Planning through the Talent Review Process. Ensured the internal selection process enabled our top performers to expand their careers with both stretch and rotational assignments. Facilitate the use of talent assessments as a workforce-planning instrument to anticipate the changes and needs of the organization's talent mix.
Drove early-career initiatives via participation in career fairs, diversity events and both undergraduate and MBA intern programs and ensured maximum ROI for those activities. Identified, developed and implemented sourcing tools, including internet, advertising, direct sourcing and networking to develop a qualified pool of talent at the lowest costs per hire possible. Maintained awareness of industry trends and downsizing opportunities that could be leveraged as potential sources for talent. Managed the cost and effectiveness of vendors to ensure highest quality service and value. Built metrics and reporting to demonstrate quality and efficiency. Recruited for senior level/confidential positions or overflow, as needed, and oversaw the MBA Intern Program and Plant Manager Development Program. Ensured DOT and OFCCP compliance with applicable governmental regulations, maintaining required documentation for audit purposes, as well as vendor compliance according to SLAs.
05/05 – 08/06 JCPenney, Inc.
Senior Recruiter, Corporate Functions
Key member of centralized recruitment function, charged with execution of aggressive talent agenda by building strategic relationships with hiring managers and key stake holders across Finance, Legal, Human Resources and Public Relations. Strong emphasis on direct sourcing of passive candidates to ensure “ready-now” candidate pipelines in place. Leveraged certified behavioral interviewing and selection methods to assess potential talent. Managed diversity outreach efforts to ensure candidate slates mirrored the client and customer bases we served. Managed internet sourcing strategies.
06/02 – 05/05 Bank of America
Vice President, Recruiting
Managed all senior- and mid-management recruiting for multiple lines of business on both regional and national footprints. Partnered closely with Market Executives and key stake holders to develop and execute staffing and diversity strategies. Participated in quarterly Talent Review sessions to drive succession planning and the continued development/rotation of top performers. Provided total talent solutions to business units, including execution of full life-cycle recruiting: sourcing, soliciting, and qualifying candidates, managing the interview process, negotiating and closing compensation and relocation packages, as well as managing on-boarding processes. Leveraged heavy emphasis on direct sourcing and networking to maintain continuous pipelining efforts to ensure “ready-to-hire” talent available in each market and meet succession planning objectives. Managed job boards and other internet recruiting tools, as well as internal talent management and candidate pools, through the Applicant Tracking System, Employ. Utilized behavioral interviewing and selection methods. Managed diversity recruiting efforts.
06/95 – 06/02 Delta Dallas Staffing Companies
Producing manager in a search firm/agency environment supporting Finance, Accounting, Banking, Information Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Legal, Light Industrial and General Labor. Ultimately responsible for daily management and leadership of the IT, Accounting/Finance and Banking divisions but remained producing manager throughout tenure. Led a team of up to nine recruiters. Primary focus on full-time placement, but also provided contract, temporary and temp-to-hire placement services. Provided full life-cycle recruiting services including sourcing, interviewing, testing and placement of associates. Appointed to corporate leadership team and established corporate goals and objectives, business plans, budgets, forecasts, training and development. Tapped to launch IT Division for the firm, which included development and execution of recruiting strategies (cold call recruiting and networking via industry associations, internet sourcing, user groups and career fairs), business development, staff development and performance reviews.
Additional work history and references available upon request
Sara's Posted Jobs
Sara Does Not Have Any Jobs Posted
Sara Does Not Have Any Splits Posted
Members Similar to Sara
Does Not Have Any Similar Members